[R] How to hiding code for a package

Gary Wong wongg62 at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 30 10:21:05 CEST 2005

Hey everyone,

I have made a package and wish to release it but
before then I have a problem. I have a few functions
in this package written in R that I wish to hide such
that after installation, someone can use say the
function >foo(parameters = "") but cannot do >foo.
Typing foo should not show the source code or at least
not all of it. Is there a way to do this ? I have
searched the mailing list and used google, and have
found something like "[R] Hiding internal package
functions for the doc. pkg-internal.Rd" but this seems
different since it seems that the keyword internal
just hides the function from showing in the index and
hides documentation, not the function itself. Can
someone help? Thanks

Gary