[R] Error Downloading Matrix Package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Jul 29 17:56:55 CEST 2005

Doran, Harold wrote:
> I'm trying to update my Matrix package given the update last night. But
> the following error is generated. I've tried restarting R and deleting
> my old Matrix package. Can anyone suggest how this might be resolved?

Do you have write permission on the library into which you are trying to
install package Matrix? In particular, have you really deleted the
package from the right library?
Do you have the package loaded (R should tell it, hence I do not believe
this is the problem)? If this is a library used by multiple users, does
any of those users have the package loaded?

Uwe Ligges