[R] Console not found

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 14:28:16 CEST 2005

Sounds like you have corrupted your Rconsole file.

Fire up rterm and try ?Rconsole and/or read the rw-FAQ to find the file
that it is use.  It is not removed by uninstalling, and you do need to
remove it.

(The console settings have nothing whatsoever to do with memory settings.)

Your matrices are not particularly large, BTW, provided you have 1GB or
more of RAM.  If you have much less, adding some RAM is the most effective
way of using R.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk