[R] matrix form

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Jul 29 12:11:59 CEST 2005

If you mean "how to create a matrix like below", then you can code it as

   arm   <- 1:10
   study <- rep( 1:4, c(3,3,2,2) )
   Num   <- c(2, 9, ...)

   df <- cbind( arm, study, Num )

but this is really painful. If you have this information stored in
Excel, save it as tab delimited or comma separated format and read in
using read.delim or read.csv respectively. You can also use scan.
See help("read.delim"), help("read.csv") or help("scan").

If you mean "how to extract information from such a matrix", then see
help(subset) or read the manuals.

Regards, Adai