[R] problem with an IF statement?

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 28 18:30:22 CEST 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, tom wright wrote:

> Can somebody please take a look at this and tell me whats going wrong?
> It seems to be parsing wronly around the 'if' statement and gives me a
> directory listing.

I think the code that you posted is not quite the code you were
using.

The problem is that your code had tab characters in it.  The readline
support in R interprets a tab character as a request to complete a file
name.  If it can't do that unambiguously it will show the directory
listing in response to a second tab.

Your email program has turned the tabs into spaces, which fixes the
problem.  Your text editor probably has a way to do this.

Incidentally, this happens only on certain platforms, which is why the
posting guide suggests you should say what system you are using.

 	-thomas