[R] Anova's in R

Frith Jarrad fjarrad at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jul 29 07:09:18 CEST 2005

Hello.

I am looking for some help using anova's in RGui.

My experiment ie data, has a fixed burning treatment (Factor A) 2 levels,
unburnt/burnt.
Nested within each level of Factor A are 2 random sites (Factor B).
All sites are crossed with a fixed temperature treatment (Factor C) 2
levels, 0 degreesC/2 degreesC, with many replicates of these temperature
treatments randomly located at each site.

I am trying the following
aov(dependent
variable~burning*temperature*site+Error(replicate),data=dataset) and
variations on that, however can't get it quite right.... the F ratios are
not correct. I imagine this is a fairly common experimental design in
ecology and would ask that anyone who has some advice please reply to this
email?

Thank-you,
Frith