[R] Help: how to specify the current active window by mouse

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Jul 28 13:58:03 CEST 2005

On 7/28/2005 7:26 AM, Shengzhe Wu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I use "windows()" to open several windows, e.g. 4 windows, device
> 2, device 3, device 4 and device 5. Normally using "dev.set()" to
> specify the current active window, if there is a way to specify the
> active window by mouse click? When I click device 3, device 3 becomes
> active (shown on device header), and when I click device 4, device 4
> becomes active, so on....

No, there's nothing built in to do that, though you could probably write
something using the tcltk package to do it.

The logic is that being active means being the target of plot output,
and essentially all plot output comes from executed commands, not from
mouse clicks.  Since you're executing commands already, why not put in
one more?

Duncan Murdoch