[R] fitting extreme value distribution

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Jul 28 05:43:21 CEST 2005

	  Which "rgev" are you using?  There are at least two in at least three
different packages:  evd, evir, and fExtremes.  I found this by using
'help.search("rgev")', which will however only identify related material
I already have installed locally.  'RSiteSearch("rgev")' produced 22
hits, the first of which was for the one in fExtremes.  The
documentation for the one in fExtremes includes a reasonable plotting
example.  Regarding fitting, have you considered fitdistr in
library(MASS)?

	  Beyond this, may I suggest you PLEASE do read the posting guide!
http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html.  It can increase the
likelihood you will get a useful reply relatively quickly.

	  spencer graves

kunnavrv wrote:

> hi,
>   rgev function gives me random deviates and I have a data
> set which I am fitting to an EVD,IS there a way I can plot
> both observed and ideal evd on the same plot
> thankyou
> Rangesh

Spencer Graves, PhD
Senior Development Engineer