[R] HOW to Create Movies with R with repeated plot()?

Jason W. Martinez jmartinez5 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 27 18:09:43 CEST 2005

Dear R-list,

I'm surprised that no one on this list has mentioned anything about the
ffmpeg tools! Hands down these are the tools to use for generating
animations and movies.

Processing the images is much quicker than imagemagick and with a little
tweaking, you can add additional filter effects to the images as they
are being processed.

http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php

Also see the smilutils and some examples at:

http://users.pandora.be/acp/ppmfilter/

Although I haven't used these tools in quite a while, I have been able
to export the resulting mpeg files into VCD quality videos for playing
on DVDs.

I hope this helps.

Jason