[R] HOW to Create Movies with R with repeated plot()?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jul 27 16:25:45 CEST 2005

[Jan Verbesselt]

> Is it possible to create a type of 'movie' in R based on the output
> of several figures (e.g., jpegs) via the plot() function.  I obtained
> dynamic results with the plotting function and would like to save
> these as a movie (e.g., avi or other formats)?

You may also peek at an actual example of using R for mini-movies:

   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca/plaisirs/animations/index.html

I wrote this toy about the same week I started to learn R, and it was a
hell of a good exercise for the poor little me! :-)

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca