[R] Asymmetric colors for heatmap

Christian.Stratowa@vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com Christian.Stratowa at vie.boehringer-ingelheim.com
Wed Jul 27 16:13:41 CEST 2005

Sorry, my mistake, I did not realize that image() has breaks and that
heatmap() inherits from image().
However, I have the following problem, maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have defined:
   mycol <-
c("blue1","blue2","blue3","blue4","black","yellow4","yellow3","yellow2","yel
low1")
   breaks<-c(0,0.5,1,1.5,2,2.5,3,4,5,6)

When I call image() then the colors change slightly:
   image(t(tmp),col=mycol,axes=F)
   image(t(tmp),col=mycol,axes=F,breaks=breaks)

However, when I call heatmap():
   heatmap(tmp,Rowv=NA,Colv=NA,col=mycol)
   heatmap(tmp,Rowv=NA,Colv=NA,col=mycol,breaks=breaks)
then breaks results in half of the heatmap drawn in white!

Do you know what may be my mistake?

Best regards
Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: Stratowa,Dr.,Christian FEX BIG-AT-V
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 14:07
To: 'Sean Davis'; r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: RE: [R] Asymmetric colors for heatmap

Dear Sean

Thank you, however the heatmap() function from the stats package does not
have this option.
Browsing around I see that you  mean heatmap.2() from package gplots, which
we have not
installed yet.

Is there also another possibility besides heatmap.2() since I would also
need this option for
e.g. function image().

Best regards
Christian