[R] LyX and Sweave

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 27 15:49:19 CEST 2005

[...]

  > Nope. That's what I also thought, but I was really amaized when discovered that
  > there is no need for this. You only need to set up noweb stuff as mentioned at

  > <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/18847>

  > and use article(noweb) for document style. Then everything (export and view
  > directly from LyX GUI) just works. As I said I was really surprised with it.
  > Try with SweaveNoweb.lyx and you will see. This way, one can skip my silly
  > Sweave.sh ;)

Ahh, now I get it. Still it needs some polishing, because after
configuring LyX that way regular noweb will no longer work, but it
shouldn't take too much of an effort to duplicate the noweb configs in
LyX to recognise Sweave.

That certainly looks like the way to go, might give Sweave another
strong push because people do no longer have to learn all of LaTeX ...

If we make a clean solution then I think it shouldn't be too hard to
convince the LyX guys to include it in their distribution -> that
would make an out-of-the-box solution.

But it certainly looks very promising.

Best,
Fritz