[R] LyX and Sweave

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 27 14:24:00 CEST 2005

  > Hello R-users!
  > I have tried to use Sweave within LyX* and found two ways to accomplish
  > this. I have attached LyX source file for both ways as well as generated
  > PDFs.

I have copied Gregor's files at

	http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/LyX

for those who didn't get the attachments. LyX looks actually much
better and stable then when I last had a look a couple of years ago.

To add to the discussion: One might even get better integration
between Sweave and LyX because LyX allows specification of file
converters:

	Edit->Preferences->Converters
	Edit->Preferences->File Formats

After registering .Stex as a file format for Sweave I can import .Stex
files using conversion command

	reLyX -f $$i && mv $$i.lyx $$o

and the move is necessary only because reLyX produces foo.Stex.lyx
rather then foo.lyx.

Using an Sweave shell script like Gregor's in combination with
"lyx -e latex" might do the trick to have direct conversion to PDF
from the LyX GUI.

Best,
Fritz