[R] farimaSim

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 26 18:51:11 CEST 2005

    Hansi> Hello!  I installed the fSeries package to get some
    Hansi> farima time-series which i tried with farimaSim, but
    Hansi> unfortunately i got always an error. I tried it this
    Hansi> way:

    >> farimaSim(n = 1000, model = list(ar = 0.5, d = 0.3, ma =
    >> 0.1), method="freq")

    Hansi> Error in farimaSim(n = 1000, model = list(ar = 0.5, d
    Hansi> = 0.3, ma = 0.1), : ... used in an incorrect context

    Hansi> Some ideas?

Yes, the function farimaSim() is bogous, pretty obviously if you look
at it.

I've wondered for a while if we (R developers) shouldn't
improve "R CMD check" so as to require that every exported
function in a package must have at least one running example.
For the farimaSim(), there is no call possible without an error
message.

Package 'fracdiff', though much older,  has a working
fracdiff.sim() function.

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich