[R] Mean and variance of the right-censored data

Petr Mandys petr.mandys at matfyz.cz
Mon Jul 25 09:36:44 CEST 2005

No, it doesn't.

Right-censored data are data with (so-called) censored values. E.g. there
is a newsvendor and he sells newspapers for a week.

Mon: 77
Tue: 56
Wed: 60
Thu: 80
Fri: 85
Sat: 59
Sun: 48

This values are numbers of sold pieces from Monday to Sunday. And he sold
out newspapers on Wednesday and on Thursday. This is an example of
right-censored data. He could sold more pieces in that two days.

And I need the variance and mean of data like this.

Thank you!