[R] Fortran function name not in load table

Natalie Hawkins nhawkins_seattle at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 02:35:40 CEST 2005

Using R 2.0.1 on Windows XP, I am getting an error
msg:

Error in .Fortran("conic", nxy = nxy, npt = npt, CP =
cp, EP1 = ep1, EP2 = ep2,  :

Fortran function name not in load table

I am wondering if there is a way to see what function
names are in the load table?  Maybe the function name
has been altered?

The first thing I do in my analysis script is to load
a DLL, conic.dll, which contains the fcn, conic:
dyn.load("c:\\natalie\\josh\\R\\conic.dll")

No error msgs are reported after this call.

Calls to is.loaded() return FALSE:

> is.loaded(symbol.For("CONIC"))
[1] FALSE
> is.loaded(symbol.For("conic"))
[1] FALSE

I used a DLL Viewer (PE Explorer) to 'verify' that
"conic" is in conic.dll.

Any suggestions?

I did successfully use this code using R on Red Hat
Linux 4 yrs ago, in which case I created a .so.

I would prefer to use Windows this time.

thanks,
Natalie