[R] problem building R packages in windows xp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Jul 24 20:00:44 CEST 2005

On 24 July 2005 at 13:44, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
| hhc.exe is the Microsoft help compiler.  You have to download that
| and then put hhc.exe somewhere in your path.  The Windows
| console command
|
| path
|
| will give you the pathnames in your current path, any of which
| you could put it in.

A cheap alternative is to create an empty batch file hhc.bat. I used that for
a while when I couldn't be bothered to download hhc.exe. However, if you
actually use compiled html (I don't, from ESS/XEmacs), you may want to get
hhc.exe.

If there ever was a vote, mine would be for making hhc.exe optional rather
than required.

Regards, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'