[R] setting weights for such a two-class problem in nnet and svm

David Meyer david.meyer at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Jul 24 19:57:37 CEST 2005

Dear Baoqiang,

there is an example on the svm Help page on the use of 'class.weights'.

HTH
David

----------------

I have such a two-class problem, one class is very large(~98% of total),
and the other is just 2%. According to manual of nnet, I need setup
"weights", so I intend to set 1 for class one, 49 for class 2. How do I
do that? Just weights=49?
Meanwhile I'd like to try svm(e1071), again, how do I setup
"class.weights"? Thanks.

--
Dr. David Meyer
Department of Information Systems and Operations

Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
Augasse 2-6, A-1090 Wien, Austria, Europe
Fax: +43-1-313 36x746
Tel: +43-1-313 36x4393
HP:  http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/~meyer/