[R] Rprof fails in combination with RMySQL

Thieme, Lutz lutz.thieme at amd.com
Fri Jul 22 08:04:21 CEST 2005

Hello Bogdan,

thanks for you reply. My MySQL is always optimized oustide
from R (but many thanks for the interesting link!).
I'm very sure that I have to optimize the R code which uses
the data from my queries for calculations. To get more in-
formation which R function is the main speed limiter I tried
Rprof.
Because I'm always opening and closing the connection for every
query I have never opened more than one connection.
And again: The same R code runs without Rprof stable since weeks
multiple times a day. I can exclude by 99% that the error comes
from the database. Maybe it comes from large number of opening
closing cycles?...

Regards,

Lutz