[R] debian vcd package

Peter Ho peter at fe.up.pt
Thu Jul 21 16:55:29 CEST 2005

[Apologies if you  have already read this message sent  from another
email address]

Hi R-Help,

I have been using R  in Linux (Debian) for the past month. The usual way
I install packages is through apt. Recently, a new packages "vcd" became
available on CRAN.  I tried installing it today and found that Debian
does not seem to support this package. I also found that many other
packages were unavailable.
Does anyone have any recommended sites where a full list is available?
If none exist, what would be the best way to move ahead in installing
say the vcd package.

I am still a novice in using Debian and so please forgive me if some of
my questions may seem trivial for experienced users.

Peter

Peter Ho, PhD.
Escola Superior de Tecnologia e Gestao.
Instituto Politecnico de Viana do Castelo.
Avenida do Atlantico- Apartado 574.
4901-908 Viana do Castelo. Portugal.
Tel: +351-258-819700 Ext. 1252
Email: peter at estg.ipvc.pt