[R] heatmap color distribution

Jake Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 16:44:48 CEST 2005

Thanks for the reply.  As I understand it, "breaks" only controls the
binning.  The problem I'm having is that each subset heatmap has
slightly different min and max log2 intensities.  I'd like the colors
to be based on the overall (complete set) max and min, not the subsets'
max and min -- I could be wrong, but I don't think "breaks" will help
me there.  And you're right - this might obscure some of the
trends/features, but we'll also plot the "default" heatmaps.

Also (I should have specified) I'm using heatmap.2.

Thanks,

Jake