[R] poisson fit for histogram

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 08:26:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

see:

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-distributions-en.pdf

Regards,

Vito

Thomas Isenbarger isen at plantpath.wisc.edu
wrote:
I haven't been an R lister for a bit, but I hope to
enlist someone's
help here.  I think this is a simple question, so I
hope the answer
is not much trouble.  Can you please respond directly
to this email
address in addition to the list (if responding to the
list is
warranted)?

I have a histogram and I want to see if the data fit a
Poisson
distribution.  How do I do this?  It is preferable if
it could be
done without having to install any or many packages.

I use R Version 1.12 (1622) on OS X

Thank-you very much,
Tom Isenbarger

--
Tom Isenbarger PhD
isen at plantpath.wisc.edu
608.265.0850

Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

"Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write"
H. G. Wells

Top 10 reasons to become a Statistician

     1. Deviation is considered normal
     2. We feel complete and sufficient
     3. We are 'mean' lovers
     4. Statisticians do it discretely and continuously
     5. We are right 95% of the time
     6. We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution
     7. We may not be normal, but we are transformable
     8. We never have to say we are certain
     9. We are honestly significantly different
    10. No one wants our jobs

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palesesanto_spirito/