[R] class in apply

Omar Lakkis uofiowa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:36:52 CEST 2005

Thank you for teh helpful answer. I do have one aother related
question; If I am not interested in teh result of the lapply, as I am
using it instaid of a for loop, example

lapply(df, function(r) sqlQuery(conn, paste("insert into t

and I am not interested in teh result of the insert sql statement. Is
it, for memory and other concerns better to do it this way or to
implement a for loop?

for (i in seq(length= nrow(df)) {
   sqlQuery(conn, paste("insert into t values(",df[i,'a'],',',df[i,'b'],')')))
}