[R] .gct file

mark salsburg mark.salsburg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:52:55 CEST 2005

This is all extremely helpful.

The data turns out is a little atypical, the columns are tab-delemited
except for the description columns

DATA1.gct looks like this

#1.2
23 3423
NAME DESCRIPTION VALUE
gene1 "a protein inducer" 1123

How do I get R to read the data as tab delemited, but read in the 2nd
coloumn as one value based on the quotation marks..

thanks..