[R] listing datasets from all my packages

Elizabeth Purdom epurdom at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 18 23:17:46 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am using R 2.1.0 on Windows XP and when I type data() to list the
datasets in R, there is a helpful hint to type 'data(package =
.packages(all.available = TRUE))' to see the datasets in all of the
packages -- not just the active ones.

However, when I do this, I get the following message:
 > data(package = .packages(all.available = TRUE))
Error in rbind(...) : number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 2)
In addition: Warning messages:
1: datasets have been moved from package 'base' to package 'datasets' in:
data(package = .packages(all.available = TRUE))
2: datasets have been moved from package 'stats' to package 'datasets' in:
data(package = .packages(all.available = TRUE))

I possibly have old libraries in my R libraries because I copy them forward
and update them with new versions of R, rather than redownload them. Is
there a way to fix this or do the same another way? (I saw something in
archives about a problem similar to this with .packages(), but I got the
impression it was fixed for 2.1.0)

Thanks,
Elizabeth