[R] topical guide to R packages

Vivek Rao rvivekrao at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 19:17:30 CEST 2005

I would like to see R packages arranged by topic. CRAN
Task Views are at
http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/src/contrib/Views/ ,
but I'd like something more detailed. For example, the
IMSL Fortran library, version 4 is easy to navigate
and has procedures arranged according to following
topics:

   Basic Statistics
   Regression
   Correlation
   Analysis of Variance
   Categorical and Discrete Data Analysis
   Nonparametric Statistics
   Tests of Goodness of FIt and Randomness
   Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
   Covariance Structures and Factor Analysis
   Discriminant Analysis
   Cluster Analysis
   Sampling
   Survival Analysis, Life Testing, and Reliability
   Multidimensional Scaling
   Density and Hazard Estimation
   Line Printer Graphics
   Probability Distribution Functions and Inverses
   Random Number Generation
   Utilities

As a start, here are the R packages I know of for time
series analysis:

dyn: Time Series Regression
dynlm: Dynamic Linear Regression
GeneTS: Microarray Time Series and Network Analysis
its: Irregular Time Series
sspir: State Space Models in R
tseries: Time series analysis and computational
finance
urca: Unit root and cointegration tests for time
series data
uroot: Unit root tests and graphics for seasonal time
series

I would like to see lists corresponding to other
categories of IMSL. Another classification system is
GAMS at http://gams.nist.gov/Classes.plain . Section
L, "Statistics, probability", would be relevant.

Regards,
Vivek Rao