[R] question from environmental statistics

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Sat Jul 16 03:08:06 CEST 2005

?qqplot

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
[mailto:r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of pantd at unlv.nevada.edu
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 9:03 PM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] question from environmental statistics

thanks Fran. that was useful but Im still in a fix. its a real life data
which
looks like this:
0.9
10.9
24.0
6.7
0.6
1.0
2.4
12.4
7.9
15.8
1.4
7.9
11000.0

(benzene conc. taken after WTC attacks)..its just a small chunk of data i
pasted
for you to look at.
its neither normal nor lognormal. someone told me that qq plot does help in
determining the distribution. im not sure how to get it.

can someone help me in this.

thanks

Take a look at this document by Vito Ricci:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-distributions-en.pdf

Did you try RSiteSearch("Fit distribution") or a Google search?  That will
lead you to fit.dist{gnlm} and fitdistr{MASS}

Cheers

Francisco