[R] pdf() black&white; panel titles in lattice

ftorrei2@uiuc.edu ftorrei2 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 15 17:17:36 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have two questions:

1. How can I get black and white graphics using the pdf()
device? I have tried pdf(Name.pdf, bg="white", fg"black"), but
I still get  full-color graphics.

2. When using lattice, how do I change the title for each
panel?  By default it uses the categories of the grouping
factor. I would like to modify the labels in the graphic
without changing the data. Also, how do I add a title above
the graphic referring to this factor (not the main title of
the graph)? The title for the xlab refers to the independent
factor within each panel. I would like to explain what each
panel represents with something similar to xlab, this title
being above the graphic if possible.

Thanking you in adavance,
Francisco
Francisco Torreira