[R] plot the number of replicates at the same point

Kerry Bush kerryrekky at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 19:01:46 CEST 2005

Thank you for thinking about the problem for me.
However, I have found that your method doesn't work at
all.

You may test the following example:

x1=c(0.6,0.4,.4,.4,.2,.2,.2,0,0)
x2=c(0.4,.2,.4,.6,0,.2,.4,0,.2)
x1=rep(x1,4)
x2=rep(x2,4)
temp=data.frame(x1,x2)
temp1=table(temp)
plot(temp$x1,temp$x2,cex=0)
text(as.numeric(rownames(temp1)),
as.numeric(colnames(temp1)), temp1)

what I got here is not what I wanted. You may compare
with
plot(x1,x2)

I actually want some plots similar to what SAS proc
plot produced.

Does anybody have a clue of how to do this easily in
R?