[R] Keeping memory usage low for a big script

Ken Termiso jerk_alert at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:46:01 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've got a script that I run on several computers, some with much less ram
than others, and I would like to try and keep the memory usage as low as
possible. The script creates variables to store intermediate results of
calculations, and then at the end writes a text file with the results of the
calculations.

Is a quick and dirty way to accomplish this to use rm() to delete objects no
longer in use, and then run gc()? ...or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance,
Ken