[R] help: how to change the size of a window after it has been created

Anon. bob.ohara at helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 14 15:32:34 CEST 2005

Marc Schwartz wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 14:38 +0200, wu sz wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I wish to plot some figures in a window in turn, but the size of these
>>figures is different, so how can I change the size of the window by
>>resetting the parameters before each plotting?
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Shengzhe
>

> Other than dragging a plot window with a mouse, I do not think that
> there is a way to change the size of an open display device via code
> (though somebody will no doubt correct me if I am wrong).

Perhaps some lateral thinking is called for.  Rather than change the
size of the window, how about changing the size of the plotting region
within the window.  For example:

split.screen(matrix(c(0,0.5, 0,1,  0.5,1,0,1), ncol=4, byrow=T))
plot(1:5)
close.screen(all=T)

split.screen(matrix(c(0,0.5, 0,0.5,  0.5,1,0.5,1), ncol=4, byrow=T))
plot(1:5)
close.screen(all=T)

Bob

--
Bob O'Hara

Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
P.O. Box 68 (Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2b)
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki
Finland

Telephone: +358-9-191 51479
Mobile: +358 50 599 0540