[R] problems with MNP

Kosuke Imai kimai at Princeton.Edu
Wed Jul 13 19:49:33 CEST 2005

Hi Joan,
  You need to do:

 res1 <- mnp(PREVOTE3 ~ 1, choiceX = list("1"=UCLC, "2"=UDLC, "3"=UPLC),
             cXnames = "ut", data = small, verbose = TRUE)

The quotations for "1" etc. are necessary because those are names of the
list elements. Also, you should check the convergence of the Markov chain
as 500 draws is typically not. In our Journal of Statistical Software
paper (available at http://www.princeton.edu/~kimai/research/MNP.html), we
show how to do this through some examples.

Best,
Kosuke

Kosuke Imai               Office: Corwin Hall 041
Assistant Professor       Phone: 609-258-6601
Department of Politics    eFax:  973-556-1929
Princeton University      Email: kimai at Princeton.Edu
Princeton, NJ 08544-1012  http://www.princeton.edu/~kimai