[R] any reference to get started clustering

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Jul 13 17:03:26 CEST 2005

Welcome to R. The learning curve is well worth the benefits.

If you are used to Eisen clustering and other fancy softwares to do
clustering, then you might be a little disappointed with R's clustering
ability of thousands of genes. But then again clustering is an
exploratory tool and I see no reason why it should be the only analysis
that some papers on microarray seem to focus on. My own bias aside,
there are functions called heatmap, hclust that might useful.

You might to check out the documentation and workshop section of
BioConductor (http://www.bioconductor.org/) which have R packages
designed for the analysis of genomic data.

But you should definitely try to read the Introduction to R first
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.html and other documents.

Regards, Adai