[R] nlme, MASS and geoRglm for spatial autocorrelation?

Ruben Roa RRoa at fisheries.gov.fk
Wed Jul 13 15:03:53 CEST 2005

This could be done with geoRglm. I did something similar last week, but without
covariates, only the spatial coordinates (i.e. my spatial process had expectation
equal to a constant). If you are willing to sacrifice some spatial resolution you
can create cells in your spatial data (say 100 m x 100 m) and in each cell count
the number of successes in observing your spatial process and the number of trials.
This will be a binomial problem and it seems to me to be the spatial equivalent of
logistic regression where the predictor continuous variable is structured in bins
and then events are counted in those bins. You can move to the R-sig-geo list
if you have questions about geoRglm
Btw, this can also be done in SAS using the glimmix macro.
Ruben