[R] bug in chdir option of source

usenet@s-boehringer.de usenet at s-boehringer.de
Tue Jul 12 11:56:48 CEST 2005

I'm on R 2.1.0.

In the "source" function there is a bug preventing the proper use of the
chdir option (which simply doesn't work).

The problem is that in the function the following line occurs:
 file <- file(file, "r", encoding = encoding)

This overwrites the variable "file" and later causes the check
    if (chdir && is.character(file) && (path <- dirname(file)) !=
        ".")
to fail.

I have some generic files which are not yet a package that I regularly
want to source into many other files. How do people handle situations like
this right now?

Thanks, Stefan