[R] testing for significance in random-effect factors using lmer

Eduardo.Garcia@uv.es Eduardo.Garcia at uv.es
Tue Jul 12 10:15:48 CEST 2005

Hi, I would like to know whether it is possible to obtain a value of
significance for random effects when aplying the lme or related
functions. The default output in R is just a variance and standard
deviation measurement.

I feel it would be possible to obtain the significance of these random
effects by comparing models with and without these effects. However,
I'm not used to perform this in R and I would thank any easy guide or
example.

Thanks.
--
Eduardo Moisés García Roger

Institut Cavanilles de Biodiversitat i Biologia
Evolutiva - ICBIBE.
Tel. +34963543664
Fax  +34963543670