[R] building packages on Windows

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Jul 12 09:21:24 CEST 2005

Duncan,

I just see that the tar.exe in the tools.zip is still broken (causing
wrong permissions in the Windows file system). This might be the fact
why so many people are asking questins related to R's and its packages'
make/build/install processes.

Duncan, can you please update the tools.zip with Brian's patched version
of tar.exe (dated 2003-07-21 rather than 2002-05-26).

Thank you!

Best,
Uwe