[R] nlme plot

Douglas Bates dmbates at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 04:05:04 CEST 2005

On 7/11/05, R V <villegas.ro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running this script from Pinheiro & Bates book in R Version 2.1.1 (WinXP).
> But, I can't plot Figure 2.3.
> What's wrong?

There was a change in the way that R handles assignments of names of
components and that affected the construction of this plot. I've
rewritten the plot construction code (the logic in the current version
was bizarre) and will upload a new version of nlme after I test this
out.

By the way, there is a simpler way of reproducing the examples in our book.  Use

source(system.file("scripts/ch02.R", package = "nlme"))

but don't try that with the current version of the nlme package.
There is another "infelicity" (to use Bill Venables' term) that I will
correct.