[R] Dependence of bundle dse on setRNG (was Misbehaviour of DSE)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 23:41:03 CEST 2005

As the posting guide says, there is no R 2.1.  The first message suggests
this is R 2.1.0, and the posting guide does ask you to use the latest
version (and to quote versions accurately).

The dse bundle depends on package setRNG, which you have not installed,
so you need to do that.  Look at e.g.

> library(help=dse2)

which the posting guide actually asks you to do and include in your
posting.  (And the message you got is pretty clearcut.)

(Suggestion to Paul Gilbert: it would work better to have the setRNG
dependence in the top-level DESCRIPTION and not in the dependence for each
package.  That way install.packages() can work out it is required from the
information on CRAN, which is only at bundle level.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk