[R] misc3d package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Jul 11 16:14:15 CEST 2005

On 7/11/2005 9:57 AM, Mark Edmondson-Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the misc3d package on a Windows (XP) installation of R 2.0.1 using install.packages("misc3d") but with no success.  I have used this approach with other packages OK, but for misc3d I get the following output...
>
> trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
> Content type `text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1' length 27996 bytes
> opened URL
> downloaded 27Kb
>
> Warning message:
> No package "misc3d" on CRAN. in: download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

The message should be read at face value.  There is no version of misc3d
for R 2.0.1.  I think misc3d was released in June, well after 2.1.0 came
out, and we don't do binary builds for old releases.

If you want to use that package, you'll need to upgrade (or try to
compile it yourself).

Duncan Murdoch