[R] Finite Mixture Models with logistic regression

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Jul 9 17:34:52 CEST 2005

	  As I've seen no replies to this so far, I will make my feeble
attempt.  "RSiteSearch('mixture regression')" just produced 107 hits,
the fourth of which was for function moc in package moc.  The
description looked promising, but I have not used it.

	  Also, "RSiteSearch('logistic regression mixture')" produced 20 hits
just now, two of which were for functions in J. K. Lindsey's gnlm
package.  At least one of these is supposed to fit a mixture of single
nuggetts at 0 and 1 with a logistic regression model.  Lindsey's
packages are not available for all platforms and so are not available on
CRAN.  To get them, you need to go to his personal web site.  When I
Googled just now for "J. K. Lindsey", his web site was the first hit.

	  Even if this is not adequate for your needs, you can get ideas from
reading the code.  If you try something and can't get it to work, please
submit another question.  To increase the chances of a useful reply,
PLEASE do read the posting guide!
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".

	  spencer graves

Feng Gao wrote:

> Do we have any R package that can do analysis on finite mixture model with
> logistic regression? Thanks
>
> Faith
>
> Feng Gao
>     Dept. of Statistics