[R] randomForest

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 22:23:51 CEST 2005

thanks. but can you suggest some ways for the classification problems
since for some specific class, there are too few observations.

the following is from adding sample.size :
> najie.rf.2 <- randomForest(Diag~., data=one.df[ind==1,4:ncol(one.df)], importance=T, sampsize=unlist(sample.size))
> najie.pred.2<- predict(najie.rf.2, one.df[ind==2,])

> table(observed=one.df[ind==2,"Diag"], predicted=najie.pred.2)
        predicted
observed  1  2  3  4  5  6
       1  6  0  1  0  0  1
       2  0  4  0  0  0  0
       3  1  0 37  0  0  0
       4  0  0  3  5  0  0
       5  1  0  3  0  8  0
       6  0  0  0  3  0  5

and class number returned from sample.size is like:
28, 8, 82, 28, 18, 22

Should I use gbm to try it since it might "focus" more on misplaced cases?

thanks,

weiwei