[R] look for help on nlm in R

Zhu, Maggie maggie.zhu at pioneer.com
Thu Jul 7 21:40:37 CEST 2005

	Hi,
	I had a hard time in learning nlm in R and appreciate any help.
	I encounted the following error message from time to time when I tried different starting parameter values (three parameter values in this case) in nlm(f=SS.fun,p=c(0.1/40,0.1,2),hessian = FALSE,N.measure=object,h=20)
	Error in f(x, ...) : only 0's may mix with negative subscripts
	Basically I know the three parameter values should all be positive numbers. So, how to select appropriate starting parameter values to prevent this kind of error message?
	Thanks much
	Sincerely,
	Maggie Zhu

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and ...{{dropped}}