[R] Making Package, Chm error, Html Help Workshop

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 7 14:57:32 CEST 2005

TEMPL Matthias wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When building my package (R CMD check) following error message occurs:
>   varinf.plot  text     html     latex      example
>   x            text     html     latex      example
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `disclosure.chm`. Stop.
> cp: cannot stat 'D:/Programme/R/rw2010dev/disclosure/chm/disclosure.chm`: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [chm-disclosure] Error 1
> make: *** [pkg-disclosure] Error 2
> *** Installation of disclosure failed ***
> Removing `D:/Programme/R/rw2010dev/bin/disclosure.Rcheck/disclosure'
>  ERROR
> Installation failed.
>
> It seems, that there is a problem with HTML Workshop. No chm´s were built.
> When I uninstall the HTML Help Workshop and remove the entry in the path environmental variable and doing packaging after this, the same error occurs.
> I´m sure, that I have written the right entry (the path of the HTML help Workschop, where the hhc.exe file is) in the path of the environmental variable as the instructions said.
>
> (Windows XP, Intel, R 2.1.0, HTML Workshop 1.32)
>
> Has anybody seen such a problem before?
> Can anybody give me a hint, please?

hhc.exe is found, because it is not reported that hhc is not there.
I guess you have used an irregular name (from hhc's point of view) as
the name or alias of a help topic, or you have an irregular name of an
Rd file.
Have you tried with a recent and released version of R such as R-2.1.1?
Your's is unreleased, obviously.
If it still won't work, please sent me the source package and I will
take a look.

Uwe Ligges