[R] Tempfile error

Sean O'Riordain sean.oriordain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:36:28 CEST 2005

Hi Harold,
I know nothing about Sweave (though it certainly sounds like a great
idea!).  Does Sweave hold these files open simultaneously - many
operating systems wouldn't be able to cope with 20,000 simultaneously
open files.

Could you be running out of disk space? or inodes - if you're on a
unix type system? can the directory hold that many files?  can the
disk hold that many files?  Many filesystems are formatted with an
assumption about the average file size.

Perhaps if you told us what type of operating system and type(s) of
filesystem(s)?

cheers!
Sean