[R] Lack of independence in anova()

Phillip Good pigood at verizon.net
Wed Jul 6 19:43:24 CEST 2005

spencer graves asks:
How is the method of synchronized permutations relevant to a traditional,
normal theory ANOVA?

One ought now ask as I am doing currently whether  traditional, normal
theory ANOVA is applicable to the analysis of experimental designs.  If in
fact, the results of the various ANOV tests are not independent, then:
   i) shouldn't we be teaching this in courses on the analysis of
experimental designs? (Can anyone point to an FDA submission or aplied
statistics publication which conceeds this result?)
  ii) using tests whose results are independent?