[R] Interactive Graphics

Brett Magill magillb at *nomail*.sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 6 19:13:47 CEST 2005

What is the status of interactive graphics in R?

I am thinking along the lines of what is provided by something like
datadesk:
http://www.datadesk.com/products/data_analysis/datadesk/index.shtml

I have tried RGGobi in the past, but found it clumsy (at least on
Windows XP).  RGL and iplots both seem to have potential, but currently
limited functionality.

Is this the state of the art in interactive graphical data analysis in R
or are there other places to look?  A search of this list revealed few
hits, mostly to those items mentioned above and mostly from 2-3 years ago.

Thanks,

Brett