[R] Java and R help

Mario de Frutos Dieguez marfru at cartif.es
Wed Jul 6 14:55:23 CEST 2005

Mario de Frutos Dieguez escribió:

>Im doing an aplication in Java and i have a program made in R what i
>want to launch with Java.
>
>I have the following instructions:
>
>Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime();
>
>try
>{
>
>            System.out.println ("Llamada a R...");
>            p = r.exec(sRutaR);
>        }
>        catch (IOException e)
>        {
>            System.out.println ("Error lanzando R: " + e.getMessage());
>            e.printStackTrace();
>        }
>        catch (Exception ex)
>        {
>            System.out.println ("Error lanzando R!!!! " + ex.toString());
>            ex.printStackTrace();
>        }
>}
>
>and after that i wait for a file that R must to make called
>terminado.dat. But when i launch the process the file doesn't create
>until i destroy the process.
>
>can anyone explain what's happend with the process?
>
>Thx in advance and sorry for my poor english

I think i solve the problem but i dont solve anything hehehe. But i know
what's the problem. When i launch the R program like a process it enter
in deadlock with the parent thread and dont finish until i stop the main
thread.

Anybody has suffer the same nightmare like i? and can help me?

Thx in advance, and sorry for my poor english hehe