[R] Colors in mtext

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Jul 4 21:41:08 CEST 2005

	  The documentation "?mtext" says that "adj" is "adjustment for each
string in reading direction. For strings parallel to the axes, 'adj=0'
means left or bottom alignment, and 'adj=1' means right or top
alignment."  With this information, I tried the following, which looks
like it may be close to what you are requesting:

mtext(text=c("string1","string2","string3"),
       adj=c(0, .5, 1), col=c("black","blue","red"), side=3, line=0)

	  spencer graves

Christof Bigler wrote:
> I want to assign different colors to different strings using
> mtext(...). However, when I use something like
>
> mtext(text=c("string1","string2","string3"),
> col=c("black","blue","red"), side=3, line=0)
>
> string2 and string3 are printed over string1. When I use
> paste("string1","string2","string3"), the series of strings are printed
> one over each other, but I still don't get different colors for
> different strings.
>
> Any solutions?
>
> Christof

Spencer Graves, PhD