[R] r version 2.1.0 and graphics in mac os 10.3.9

Luis Borda de Agua lbagua at uga.edu
Mon Jul 4 20:42:48 CEST 2005

I use mac os 10.3.9 and I've installed in my computer R 2.1.0 (I
believe this is the latest R version).

Although it works alright when I open R by clicking in the R icon, I
cannot use the graphics facility when I open R from a X-terminal window
(or x-11 window).

In fact, when I try to open R I get the message that I pasted below.
Is this a R bug?
Is R assuming that I should have the latest Mac OS Tiger installed?
Or is it a problem related to my computer only?

I did not have this problem when I used a previous version of R (I
don't know which one was).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Luis BA.

% R

R : Copyright 2005, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.1.0 Patched (2005-05-12), ISBN 3-900051-07-0

'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/
grDevices.so':
   dlcompat: dyld: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec/R
version mismatch for library: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
(compatibility version of user: 9.0.0 greater than library's version:
8.0.0)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
         unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/grDevices/libs/
grDevices.so':
   dlcompat: dyld: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/exec/R
version mismatch for library: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
(compatibility version of user: 9.0.0 greater than library's version:
8.0.0)
In addition: Warning message:
package grDevices in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error: package 'grDevices' could not be loaded

Luis Borda de Agua
2502 Department of Plant Biology
University of Georgia
Athens GA 30602